What is a CPC?
The Certified Practicing Conveyancer (”CPC”) program is a national scheme administered by the Australian Institute of Conveyancers in each state to promote education and the highest standards & ethics in the Conveyancing profession.
A CPC Agent is:
- A member of the Australian Institute of Conveyancers WA Division (Inc)
- Licensed under the Settlement Agents Act 1981
- Has a minimum of 3 years experience practicing as a licensed Conveyancer
- Accredited as a Certified Practicing Conveyancer by the Australian Institute of Conveyancers WA Division.
A Buyer or Seller of property can be assured that the highest standards, knowledge and service will be offered to them by a CPC Agent.
Settlement Talk prides itself on having CPC accredited agents.
How can a CPC help?
- CPC agents are able to offer advice before entering into a Contact to buy or sell property
- Can assist Real Estate Agents and Private Buyers and Sellers to prepare or examine the Offer and Acceptance contact
- Consult a CPC Agent to assist with drafting special contact conditions as these must be prepared correctly to avoid issues
- Recommend other professionals within the Real Estate Industry whose services you may require
- Provide information regarding the First Home Owners Concession, Home Buyers Assistance Fund rebate, Title Insurance, Deposit Guarantees and other services that are available to you
When nominating a Conveyancing Agent / Settlement Agent, ensure that you nominate a CPC Agent.
The CPC Guide
The CPC Committee have prepared a booklet which is a valuable resource to anyone contemplating the purchase of Real Estate in Western Australia.
This guide is an ideal first step as it provides a useful checklist and explains which particular professional in the Real Estate industry will attend to each integral part of the buying and settlement process.
Ensure that you contact a local CPC agent for your free copy.
Contact Settlement Talk on (08) 9239 0101 to see the benefits of a CPC accredited Agent for yourself.